SEPT 2009

SEPT 2009
Custom Search

December 24, 2015

2016 Resolutions + Rebirth

Greetings, everyone!

I haven't posted for a really long while - but time is relative. Right now, my main computer is dead; so, when my new one comes, I will change the graphics/design/layout of this blog.

For now, here are my 2016 resolutions:

1. Restart on writing

I found out I really love to write. I thought I would hold it off and enjoy it as a hobby when I'm old or something.. But after writing some stuff a few weeks back - I felt alive.

I'm still making up my mind if I should start again in this blog, or transfer to another blogsite or do wordpress.

By the way, I have a number of notes that I keep my thoughts and I want to share them slowly - maybe not from my journal; more likely my poems and some shorts. The bulk of my poems is in a box in a faraway place (airplane and bus -kind of distance).

Anyway, I'll try to promote this site again - twitter, more images and better colors. The more readers I have, that's you - the more I can get (constructive) criticism/comments - and the more I develop myself.

2. Be more proactive

If my mind is a car, I'd say I've been a passenger for a while. It's time for me to be the driver. If I don't change, I would cease to exist. To set some realistic goals, I'm aiming to be a leader rather thane a follower. I know I won't lead from the start as I am more of a listener than a talker but, in my own way, leading is also organizing.

3. Continue on last year's resolutions

I wasn't able to finish my 2015 resolutions - like run in a 21k marathon or bike at least 100 km (on road and trails; road all the way is boring). I'm no triathlete but I love the rush of endurance and energy seems to be  always on my side. Right now, I feel I'm around 20 to 22 years old - energy and everything else.

I'm 6ish years ongoing cigarette-free but I broke my 2-year soda-free record. I have to lessen my soda intake again.

4. Be more healthy and fit.

I've been drinking Kombucha and Kefir from my cousin, and I think I will also sustain making them. So, I think the habit will remove my tooth for soda and sweets. I'll go back to gym/weights because I think it would help me perform better; for the record, the last time I went was 4.5 years ago. Why? Right now, I have 4.5 years of endurance and cardio. My lowest RHR (resting heart rate) is 39 but my average is 42. This year, I need to prioritize sprinting and jumping because I have acquired enough mental focus to keep going with the current conditions; just not fast enough.

5. Love myself more.

I might have some tendencies that make me feel down. I should believe in myself more. I'll look for a better job. I love my current job; just not the environment. I need something fresh and new to instill in me a new outlook in life. I have to change my lifestyle to develop as a better person. I want to be surrounded with the people I care and love.

I will act more of myself - sometimes, I'm misunderstood. Sometimes, others would think I'm different. Well, those others are also different to me. It's a matter of perspective; reality is relative.

I've set up a few mantras that I can say to myself to keep me looking at the positive side and to uplift me into doing better.

I want another person in my life but I think I'd be able to keep loving her if I am able to love myself completely, a lifestyle check and more development. I want to make more friends this year to have more choices in love in the future.

------

Well, these are my resolutions so far. I'll add more as the year goes along. Usually, I start my resolutions before the year starts to create a habit of doing them. Statistics say that it takes 29 times (or 29 days) to make an action into a habit.

So, how's my writing? Is it different from my old style? Please comment below. This site will remain my personal blog.

No comments: